Maximize Your Child’s Bilingual Ability
Ideas and inspiration for even greater success and joy raising bilingual kids
Praised worldwide by leaders in the field of child bilingualism and parents raising bilingual and multilingual kids, Maximize Your Child’s Bilingual Ability is the popular guide to the bilingual journey by Adam Beck, founder of Bilingual Monkeys and The Bilingual Zoo. In this empowering 310-page book, Adam shares the best of his personal experience as a teacher and parent, working with hundreds of bilingual and multilingual children for more than 20 years.
This book will enable you to…
Praised by leaders in the field
What makes this book different
- Maximize Your Child’s Bilingual Ability grew over the course of 20 years, ever since I first began teaching, and then parenting, bilingual and multilingual children. The writing process itself took well over three years.
- It’s a big but reader-friendly book, and shares the best of my personal experience as a longtime practitioner of bilingual acquisition in children. It explores the subject in unusual depth from a practical standpoint, focusing on the day-to-day reality of effectively, and enjoyably, fueling language development.
- I have sought to create a book that offers a comprehensive breadth of ideas and inspiration—“a big buffet of food for thought”—that will help parents of any background, anywhere in the world, experience even greater success on their bilingual journey.
- Like my blog and forum, I have done my best to make the book not only informative and encouraging, but engaging to read. While some of the content naturally overlaps with my work online, I’ve also gone far beyond it by providing a wealth of new material, diving deep into the ways of thinking and acting that can lead to more productive efforts and stronger progress.
- The full appendix not only includes helpful information on additional resources, it contains a targeted Reader’s Guide for individuals and groups: a list of 45 key questions about maximizing a child’s bilingual ability tied directly to the content of the book.
Praised by parents around the world
Why I wrote this book
The reason I wrote this book is the same reason I write about raising bilingual kids at Bilingual Monkeys and The Bilingual Zoo: because this subject matters. As a longtime teacher and parent of bilingual children, I understand how deeply, how personally, the subject of raising bilingual kids matters to families everywhere, all across the world.
And because I’ve been blessed to gain experience and knowledge in this area, I’ve grown to consider it a deep duty to share what I can with others who might benefit.
After all, language lies at the heart of our lives, and the more successful we can be at fostering language ability in our children, the more our families—now and for years to come—will potentially experience greater joy and fulfillment. That, to me, is the larger purpose of my work.
Praised by parents around the world
Get a copy of Maximize Your Child's Bilingual Ability
Maximize Your Child’s Bilingual Ability is available worldwide in paperback and as an e-book at Amazon. The Kindle e-book can be read on any tablet, smartphone, or computer, too, by using the free Kindle reading apps.
The paperback can also be found at many other booksellers, including the Book Depository, which offers free shipping to countries all over the world. And if you live in Brazil, the paperback is available, as well, from Linguacious.
The paperbook and e-book can also be obtained directly from other Amazon sites, including…
Please help me spread the word…
Read my book and share your impressions by posting a review at Amazon, the global Amazon sites, Goodreads, and other sites online. (Even a short review is fine!) If you find value in the book, others may, too, and I’d be so grateful for your feedback and support.
Tell others about my book, through social media and word-of-mouth, by making use of…
1. the link to this blog page you’re now reading:
2. this link to the book page at Amazon:
3. this link to my author page at Amazon:
If you run a blog, website, or online group, please consider posting something about my book. For review copies, and other inquiries for interviews, guest posts, or presentations, please contact me.