What is Bilingual Style?
Bilingual Style is an online store with fun, one-of-a-kind products for parents of bilingual (and trilingual) children. (Teachers and adults with more than one language may find something they like, too!)
Products from Bilingual Style are not only unique and appealing, they are designed to celebrate your family’s bilingual identity and support your long-term success by serving as daily reminders of your mission.
Who is behind Bilingual Style?
Bilingual Monkeys has partnered with Zazzle, an online retailer, to open the Bilingual Style store. Adam Beck, the founder of Bilingual Monkeys, creates the designs and Zazzle manufactures the products in the United States.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes! Zazzle ships worldwide so, no matter where you live, you can get whatever you like from Bilingual Style! (And all products are backed up by Zazzle’s “100% satisfaction” guarantee.)
What products are available?
You’ll find a variety of cute clothing for babies and children, clothing for adults, and useful items for the home, including coffee mugs, bags, and keychains—all featuring a bilingual or trilingual theme. And new products will continue to be added!
A child’s T-shirt from Bilingual Style is much more than a cool shirt: it’s a symbol of your identity and your dream. When worn by the child, the shirt serves a powerful purpose by deepening that important identity and reminding you to keep up your efforts to realize that heartfelt dream. In this way, products from Bilingual Style become special “charms” that will help fuel your success—and add to your fun—on the bilingual journey.
What languages are available?
The main language used in the products is English, with clothing for babies and children also available in Spanish.
However, many other languages are mentioned, too, and these languages may be used on more products in the future, as with Spanish.
At the same time, some products use only images in their designs, which make them “universal” for all.
In addition to “bilingual” and “trilingual” products, “multilingual” products (for families with four or more languages) are being considered, too.
How do I place an order?
Zazzle makes it easy! At the Bilingual Style store, just choose the product you like, as well as the size and color (for clothing), then check out. It’s very simple and very secure.
Remember, too, that products from Bilingual Style make great gifts. You can have something sent to a family member or friend anywhere in the world!
Can I make a request for a product idea or design?
Sure! Requests are gladly considered, though actually meeting the request may not always be possible. Just contact Adam with your suggestions.
Sounds good! Where’s the store?
Right here… http://www.zazzle.com/bilingualstyle*/
To celebrate the opening of Bilingual Style, I’m holding a giveaway! If you’re one of the 2 lucky winners, you can choose any product you like from the Bilingual Style store and I’ll have it shipped right to you!
Thanks again to all those who entered the giveaway and shared the opening of Bilingual Style with others. I’m also grateful for your good suggestions for new product ideas.
And look for a big summer sale that will begin very soon at Bilingual Style! I’m now adding new items to the store (some of your suggestions, too!), and lowering the prices as much as I can, so stop by to see some fun, affordable gear for a multilingual lifestyle! (Including this toddler’s T-shirt I’m modeling right here! It’s not a pretty sight!)
To enter the giveaway, just follow these three simple steps…
1. Share the opening of Bilingual Style through social media. Help spread the word in these two ways:
1. Share the link to this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. (Just copy and paste.)
2. Share the direct link to the Bilingual Style store, too. (Please keep that little “star” and “slash” on the end.)
Note: I’m using the “honor system” for this first step, but I’d be really grateful for your support in sharing these links with others who may be interested in Bilingual Style.
2. Leave a comment below with the following information. (And please proofread your comment, before submission, to check that the information is complete.)
2. Your children’s ages (Example: Girl, 9 and Boy, 7)
3. Your two (or more) languages (Example: Japanese and English)
4. The product you would like, if you’re a winner (Example: “I love code-switching” Girl’s Fitted T-shirt)
Note: Visit the Bilingual Style store to choose a product. If you’re a winner and you change your mind later, that’s fine.
5. Your suggestions for new kinds of products or designs (Basically: What else would you like to see in the store?) (Example: A big poster of Adam and his kids dressed up like monkeys, hanging from a tree branch, and eating bananas)
3. All entries must be submitted by the morning of Saturday, May 17 (Japan time). On that day, the comments will be printed out and cut apart to serve as entry slips for the drawing. The slips will be placed in my son’s big, empty tub of Lego (because his millions of Lego pieces are always littering the floor instead), and I’ll ask Roy and Lulu to reach inside, each pulling out one lucky winner. I’ll then contact the two winners and update this post with the results.
I won’t respond to your comments here, but I do look forward to reading them. Thank you for entering the giveaway, and for sharing the opening of Bilingual Style!
P.S. If you run into any difficulties at the store, I’d be happy to help. Just contact me with a quick email. (I’ve organized everything as well as I can, but the search box there, to the left of the page, might also be your friend. )