Feeling some concern over your child’s English ability?
Maybe your child…
- has an English-speaking parent, but doesn’t speak English well.
- speaks English well, but his reading and writing skills are weak for his age.
- attends an international school, but needs additional English support to do well or make even greater progress.
- is a returnee and her English ability needs to be maintained and developed.
How can Bilingual Kids help your child?
Bilingual Kids provides private English support for children in Hiroshima, both children whose first language is English and children learning English as a second language. The support for each child is highly personalized to address individual needs and goals, with the greater aim of helping the child become as fully bilingual as possible.
At the heart of Bilingual Kids is a large library of children’s literature—including popular chapter book series—that students have access to as a key component of their customized support. By reading more regularly in English, children are able to strengthen all aspects of their language ability at a solid pace.
Who would be your child’s teacher?
The teacher of Bilingual Kids is Adam Beck, the founder of Bilingual Monkeys and The Bilingual Zoo. Adam is a long-term resident of Japan and has taught English to hundreds of bilingual and multilingual children in Hiroshima over the past 20 years, many of them as a teacher at Hiroshima International School. An expert on children and bilingualism, he is the author of the widely-praised book Maximize Your Child’s Bilingual Ability: Ideas and inspiration for even greater success and joy raising bilingual kids.
Although his own children attend local Japanese schools, he has put this expertise into practice and they are now bilingual and biliterate, in Japanese and English, at a level comparable to monolingual children of each language.
Adam is also a writer for the Chugoku Shimbun, the Hiroshima-area newspaper, where he serves as the chief editor of the English content for the Hiroshima Peace Media Center.
How is enrollment handled? (Please note that enrollment is limited!)
- Children generally receive private English support once a week for 60 minutes.
- The Bilingual Kids classroom is conveniently located in Ushita, not far from Hiroshima Jogakuin University. (Children are dropped off and then picked up.)
- The fee for each session is 5,000 yen. (There is also a one-time joining fee of 5,000 yen.)
- Parents cover the cost of workbooks and other learning materials. (But books from the Bilingual Kids library are lent freely.)
- Children are expected to complete homework assignments each week.
To contact Adam about Bilingual Kids, just send a message to…